The Ancient Gaming Noob - World of Warcraft Dragonflight is Launching November 28th

Neo

Companies seem to be in the mood to get announcements in before the end of the month, no doubt to be able to claim they did them in Q3 of 2022, Q4 starting on Saturday.

Next on my list is Blizzard, which has given us a launch date for the Dragonflight expansion.

wowdragonflightlogo.png?w=625

WoW Dragonflight

As has become the pattern for Blizzard, this will be another world-wide launch, happening at 3pm Pacific time on Monday the 28th, midnight Paris time, and morning hours of Tuesday the 29th in Asia

dragonflightworldwidelaunch.png?w=600&h=

Dragonflight World Wide Launch Times

Of course, Blizzard would like you to buy a pre-order.  There are the usual three flavors available.

wowdragonflightpricing.png?w=578&h=450

How much to fly a dragon?

The base edition will get you the content and the new race, along with a pet if you pre-order.  If you want a boost up to level 60 you’ll have to opt for the Heroic or Epic editions, which also include an additional layer of fluff, the Epic edition tossing in 30 days of game time as well.

As for the launch date and timelines, Shadowlands to Dragonflight is about mid-pack, coming in at 734 days if they make the November 28th date.

• WoW Launch to The Burning Crusade – 784 days
  • The Burning Crusade to Wrath of the Lich King – 667 days
  • Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm – 754 days
  • Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria – 658 days
  • Mists of Pandaria to Warlords of Draenor – 779 days
  • Warlords of Draenor to Legion – 656 days
  • Legion to Battle for Azeroth – 714 days
  • Battle for Azeroth to Shadowlands – 832 days
  • Shadowlands to Dragonflight – 734 days

Coming so soon after the Wrath of the Lich King Classic launch, I have no plans to join in on the new expansion at launch.  I might log in to see where the action is at 2:45pm on the 28th, but I am not spending $50 to take a step beyond that.

The Shadowlands expansion was a bust for me.  I got exactly one character to level 60, the new level cap after the big level squish.  It isn’t as though I couldn’t have run more alts through.  Getting to level cap was fairly easy.  I just had no interest in doing so after my first run through.  So while I enjoyed the xp boost in classic, the one they’re offering in retail won’t move me.

View the full article